May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. This annual campaign is held each spring by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) to promote safe driving and riding practices to reduce the number of fatalities and injuries on the roadways.
In 2020, 5,579 motorcyclists died in traffic crashes.
In fact, motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely to diein traffic crashes than automobile passengers.
Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month aims to encourage safe driving and help reduce injuries and accidents.
Safe Driving and Riding Tips for Motorcyclists
- Wear clothing that is visible to toher motorists .
- Alwats have your headlight on when riding.
- Alwats wear a helmet on a motorcycle, regardless of whether it is the law.
Safe Driving and Riding Tips for Other Motorists
- Always yeild to motorcyclists.
- Avoid distractions while driving.
- Look twice before changing lanes to make sure there is no one in your blind spot.
Practices both Motorcyclists and Other Motorists Should Follow
- Obey all traffic signs and laws.
- Drive defensively
- Do not drive under the influence of drug or alcohol.
If you want to ride a motorcycle, please take a rider education and training course prior to operating a motorcycle. This can help provide a safer riding experience for everyone on the road.
Cooperating with all motorists on the roadways will help reduce the number of accidents this summer.
VANTREO is here to help. If you have questions or would like a quotation for motorcycle insurance, just Reply here.