Automatic protection. Warp speed administration. 

When you choose VANTREO as your commercial real estate insurance broker, you are provided a unique team of experts specifically trained to bring you world class coverage, pricing advantages, and administrative services not available elsewhere.


VANTREO has been active in real estate risk management for over 20 years. We currently insure billions of dollars in commercial real estate values. As a real estate specialist located in CA most of our portfolio owners are in CA. Many have have properties located across the nation and the world.


The recent fires in Sonoma and Napa counties have brought to light the heartache of uninsured or underinsured loss. Comprehensive, well-considered insurance with ample limits is "gold" when a catastrophic loss occurs. 

We specialize in building the proper risk management and insurance program to help strengthen real estate businesses. 


Few insurance brokers understand the administration, contractual protection, coverage issues, customer service and special claims issues and support that are unique to a property management based program.

For us, being in CA, one of the most litigious states in the county, has its advantages. Understanding how to thrive here has served our clients well but also brings you tough real estate insurance expertise.


A one-stop resource for

  • Every kind of real estate insurance
  • Master insurance programs for multiple locations
  • Contract wording assistance
  • Subcontractor insurance requirements
  • Specialized administrative services
  • Affordable Care Act solutions – Employee Benefits
  • Private client – personal insurance programs

Master Real Estate Insurance Programs

Use economies of scale to obtain automatic coverage, services and pricing that is significantly superior to what is available on an individual building basis. A simple concept but truly an understatement when you consider what can be (but is often not) included in a master insurance program.


1.  Blanket Property limits – Building, Business personal property, and Loss of Rents coverage not limited to individual amounts per building or per location…reduces the concern over carrying adequate insurance limits.


2.  Broader Protection, Higher Liability Limits – The liability insurance protection available under a master insurance program is in most cases significantly higher and affords better protection to both the property manager and the building owner than what would be available on an individual location basis.


3.  Supplemental Coverages – Purchased for all locations together, additional coverages like earthquake, flood, pollution/environmental insurance, green coverages, tenant discrimination, professional liability, etc. become much more available and affordable.


4.  Pricing – Given today’s competitive leasing market, the overall insurance cost per square foot has to be affordable. A master program creates economies of scale and rate advantages unheard of on a stand-along policy basis.


Specialized Administrative Services

  1. World class claims advocacy
  2. Tenant and Vendor Certificate of Insurance Tracking
  3. Tenant Premium Billing and Collection
  4. Insurance Summaries for Program Participants
  5. Customized analysis and historical reports
  6. Earthquake Insurance RiskMeter Report for each location
  7. Lease Analysis
  8. Lender Insurance Negotiation
  9. Electronic OSHA logs and recording
  10. Human Resource & Employee Benefits assistance
  11. Workers Compensation claim coaching
  12. On Demand Client Dashboard and Administration System


Do you know what types of property coverage you need?

Many owners underestimate the risk and insurance needs of their real estate business. Our commercial property insurance brokers look at each client’s situation as a unique one, carefully examining factors such as location, contractual obligations, and the probability of certain types of loss. That in-depth knowledge allows us to guide you to toward the coverage that you need and the administrative and online support that should accompany it.What does commercial property insurance cover?


There are a variety of property coverage products available to you. Our insurance experts can help you decide which ones to add to your policy.  Here is a sampling of the more common ones:


  • Special Form Fire Insurance - Because fire is an event that can occur in any location at any time and cause major property and revenue loss to a business, commercial fire insurance is a foundational component of any commercial real estate insurance program. Special Form coverage broadens the fire coverage to include coverage for all causes of loss except those specifically excluded. Our real estate insurance brokers specialize in bringing broad coverage protection to our clients.



  • Rental Loss Coverage – Rental loss insurance is a business income coverage that reimburses the real estate owner for loss of rents due to damage to the building by an insured loss. It is important to determine the amount of rental income coverage, length of time it will be needed and how long it will take to get the building occupied after the damage repair has been completed.  We can help you purchase the coverage that is right for you.


  • Water Damage - While some commercial real estate insurance policies include water damage, they are often not comprehensive, and therefore leave you vulnerable to certain types of damage. For example, one policy may cover burst pipes due to weather or sewer back-up, while others will not. At VANTREO, we are here to help you find the right balance between coverage and pricing to adequately protect you without excessive costs.


  • Earthquake Damage - Because of the geographical nature of earthquake probability, not all business property insurance policies cover this type of natural disaster. If you live in a state where earthquakes happen, it is recommended that you carry earthquake insurance to protect you from loss of property. We are earthquake coverage experts and can help you determine your risk and probable maximum loss factor depending on building location, age and construction.


  • Green Coverage – If you’ve taken the effort to get green certified; you’ll want to make sure you have an insurance plan in place to keep it that way. Green insurance covers the cost to replace the “green” features of a building, allows a traditional building to be replaced with green features following a loss, and provides for the cost of a professional engineer to commission the repaired or replaced property as “green”. At VANTREO we can provide green coverage to take care of the extra costs typical plans don’t.


  • Employee Theft Insurance - Although you may have taken every measure to hire honorable and upstanding employees, even the most thorough of background checks may not be enough to keep you from having to deal with employee theft at some point down the road. Sometimes called “Employee Dishonesty Coverage”, this type of insurance protects you from financial loss in the case of fraudulent activity by one or more of your employees. VANTREO can help you decide if employee theft insurance is necessary in your case.


  • Criminal Acts Coverage - Also called “Crime Insurance” or “Fidelity Insurance”, this type of coverage protects your organization from financial loss due to criminal acts from burglars, forgery, extortion and other types of fraud.


  • Pollution Insurance - Pollution (also known as Hazardous Materials or Environmental) insurance usually consists of coverage to clean up your own site, emergency response costs, legal liability for loss to others, your loss of income due to the pollution, and can include coverage for mold damage. We understand the pollution insurance market and are strong advocates for our clients’ environmental exposures.


If this sounds like something of interest to you, let us know how to begin a conversation with you.


Get Started