Listen here… Almost everyone has seen a driver distracted by a cell phone, but when we are the one distracted, too often, we just don’t recognize it. We believe we are the better driver and that it will never happen to us.
Every day in America, approximately 9 people are killed and more than 1,000 are injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver.
Yes, people are dying. Many more are injured for life. Jury awards made against the individuals and businesses responsible for these crashes have gone “nuclear” ($10,000,000+) often soaring far beyond available insurance limits.
As a people, we can put an end to this epidemic simply by eliminating one distraction at a time.
The National Safety Council has deemed November “National Distracted Driving Awareness Month”. Their mantra, “One call can change everything.”
To jump start awareness and help invoke personal responsibility … here’s what’s essential to know…
1. Watch one or more of these very powerful videos and share them with as many people as possible.
2. Agree to the “I Will Not” list. I will not drive and…
- Have a phone conversation – handheld, hands-free, or via Bluetooth
- Text or send Snapchats
- Use voice-to-text features in my vehicle’s dashboard system
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo or other social media
- Check or send emails
- Take selfies or film videos
- Input destinations into GPS (while the vehicle is in motion)
- Call or message someone else when I know they are driving
Ending Distracted Driving is Everyone’s Responsibility!
VANTREO offers world-class automobile and fleet insurance expertise including a digital platform to save hours of administration time. We bring a strategy to help you stop automobile insurance claims and eliminate distracted driving. For an audit of your auto risk, please reply here or call us at 1-800-967-6543. We look forward to assisting you.