Dental Insurance Coverage and Benefits
If you've been looking for quality and affordable dental insurance coverage, then you've come to the right place. That's because VANTREO is a specialist when it comes to finding and matching up the right dental insurance protection for you needs and your budget.
Dental insurance works in a similar manner to other types of health insurance coverage, but it is designed especially for visits to the dentist. While this type of coverage can sometimes get lost in the shuffle when it comes to discussing employee health and retirement plans, this is a benefit that many employees want. Providing this coverage can not only result in happier and healthier employees, but it can also be used as a way to recruit and retain good quality workers for your business.
Need to Know More About Dental Insurance?
In many cases, dental insurance can be both flexible and affordable. If your company is already offering employee health insurance benefits, then it may make sense to also include dental insurance coverage.
In fact, dental insurance is often cited as one of the most sought-after employee benefits. Both small and large companies can benefit from offering dental insurance, whether it is on an individual basis or in the form of a group dental insurance plan. Providing this coverage - especially in conjunction with other employee health insurance - can allow your company to better compete in the market place for top quality employee talent.
What's covered by dental insurance?
Dental insurance plans can offer a variety of different options. Most of these plans will provide coverage for some or all of the expenses for oral examinations, as well as the cost of cleanings, and X-rays.
Many dental insurance plans also cover some or all of the cost of fillings and crowns, as well as emergency tooth replacements and / or non-cosmetic oral surgeries.
There are some similarities between employee health insurance and dental insurance plans when it comes to the major plan categories. For example, there are different types of plans that can be offered, such as:
- Indemnity Plans - With a dental indemnity plan, participants are allowed to choose their own dentist. The dental plan will then pay the provider on a traditional, fee-for-service basis.
- Dental HMOs - A dental HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) will have a limited network of providers. This type of plan will typically require some form of pre-payment or copayment from the patient, and in exchange, the insured will be provided various services.
- Dental PPOs - A dental PPO, or Preferred Provider Organization, will allow patients to receive dental care from a defined panel of providers. Here, the provider will oftentimes agree to charge less than usual fees to the patients, which in turn, can allow savings for the insured. Receiving care from a provider that lies outside of the PPO network will result in a higher costs to the member.
- Dental Discount Plans - In a dental discount plan, participating dental care providers will agree to accept a discounted fee from plan members as payment-in-full for the services that are performed. These plans are generally not considered insurance.
Who is eligible for dental insurance coverage?
Eligibility for dental insurance coverage is determined by the employer. Oftentimes, the dependents of the employee, such as a spouse and children, will also be eligible for participation in the dental insurance plan.
Pros and cons of offering dental insurance benefits
Dental insurance can provide a way for employees to obtain quality dental care, yet without having to pay all costs out-of-pocket. There can be both advantages and drawbacks for companies in offering dental insurance benefits. Some of the plusses can include the following:
- Cost savings on dental services. A good dental insurance plan can help participants to reduce the overall cost of dental care. Depending on the plan, coverage can include the basics such as routine cleanings and check-ups, to more advanced services like orthodontics.
- Preventive care for participants. Oral health is the gateway to your overall health. Improper dental care can lead to a number of serious health issues. By offering a dental insurance plan, participants can take part in various preventive care options, which could reduce the risk of other adverse health conditions. A way to recruit and retain top quality employees. Offering dental insurance can also provide a method for recruiting - and retaining - quality talent.
Even though there are many advantages that go along with offering dental insurance, there are still some things to consider prior to moving forward with a plan. Some of these considerations may include:
- Cost. Prior to offering any type of employee benefit option, it will be important to consider the cost. Working with a specialist in the area of dental insurance can help to narrow down the right plan, as well as the premium cost, that is right for you.
- Administration. Administering a dental insurance plan may also come with added paperwork. By partnering with a firm that is well versed in dental insurance options, though, the administration process can be much simpler. With VANTREO’s Employee Navigator partnership, we can help reduce or even eliminate the use of paper altogether, further easing the burden of administration.
Why Choose VANTREO as Your Dental Insurance Advisor?
Today, there are a variety of dental insurance options to choose from. By working with a firm like VANTREO that is a specialist in this area, you will easily be able to integrate the best dental plan for you and your employees. VANTREO is focused on helping companies to select the right dental insurance coverage.
When you work with VANTREO as your dental insurance advisor, you can be assured that your questions will be answered quickly and a plan will be geared to your company's specific requirements. We work with several top-rated dental insurance providers, and we can assist you in choosing the one that is in line with your business, as well as your budgetary parameters.
If you are considering offering dental insurance - or if you just have additional questions regarding how to go about choosing the right dental insurance plan - please follow this link and discover the VANTREO difference.