California Auto and Fleet Insurance Specialists
Whether you use one vehicle or a few hundred to provide mobility for your employees, equipment, products, or services, it’s important to have the right commercial fleet auto insurance in place to protect your business. The VANTREO team knows the California insurance marketplace and has the expertise and relationships to ensure you get comprehensive, well-considered and affordable coverage for your vehicles. We are also claims, contract wording, and risk management experts here to help protect your business and its profit.
OUR AUTO FLEET APPROACH
The VANTREO experience is like no other. We've built convenience, efficiency and satisfaction into everything we do.
Our clients often tell us they just wish they'd met us sooner.
FLEET INDUSTRY EXPERTS
VANTREO has a proven track record in getting results for fleet owners. We know what it takes to advocate and negotiate rates on your behalf.
Risk Management Tools
From defensive driving to telemetrics, we're your partners in risk management.
Learn to stop auto fleet claims and reduce the cost of those that already exist.
The worst time to find out if your policy is outdated is after you file a claim. VANTREO is offering an unbiased, no-obligation written analysis of your current coverage for adequacy, compliance, and competitive rates. The process is simple and reveals information you will not receive in any other way.
Is commercial auto insurance expensive?
Fleet insurance can be costly in today's commercial insurance marketplace. Auto claims are one of the most invasive premium cost drivers in insurance today. But there are solutions and more affordable options available to those who know what it takes to qualify for them.
First, let's look at a few reasons why premiums are up....
- Nuclear verdicts (defined as a settlement exceeding $10,000,000). They have been awarded in an unprecedented number of lawsuits as of late. Jury verdicts of $30,000,000 are commonplace. For example, the $39,000,000 award caused by a driver unprepared for icy conditions...or the $54,000,000 verdict resulting from the desperate hire of a driver with a history of major driving violations.
- Distracted driving has become a cultural norm. And rather than preventing accidents, too many people believe that "accidents just happen". Courts have little tolerance for people who drive distracted and cause damage and injury to others. This intolerance shows up as large verdicts, awards and settlements.
- Inexperienced drivers - Many areas are experiencing a "driver" shortage. As a result, inexperienced drivers or those with a poor driving record are hired in desperation. Lack of driving experience and knowledge often result in bad decision making and leads to dangerous driving situations. Newer drivers can have an unrealistic perception of their own driving abilities and an inability to evaluate risk accurately.
How to lower automobile premium cost?
VANTREO insurance commercial experts know it's important to properly shop the business insurance market and how to advocate and negotiate rates on your behalf.
Whether its liability coverage, medical payments protection, or physical damage insurance commercial, or business insurance, VANTREO has the proven track record in getting results for business owners.
Get the right fleet insurance specialist working on your behalf!
With our free insurance coverage comparison and claims analysis, customers have discovered cost savings of up to 20% almost immediately!
Who has the best commercial auto insurance?
If you searched for the “best auto insurance broker”, “affordable auto insurance”, or "company insurance for car" and found us, you’ve come to the right place. VANTREO is a top contender when it comes to commercial auto insurance expertise and access to hundreds of insurance companies. We are also a powerful advocate when it comes to reaching your pricing and coverage goals.
What does auto insurance cover?
It covers your liability for injury or damage to others, damage to the car itself, and extra costs associated with an accident related to any "covered vehicle".
If you or someone insured under your policy injures someone or their property, by accident, with a “covered vehicle”, it will pay your financial obligation related to the bodily injury or property damage that results. You can also buy protection to pay for damage to a vehicle insured under the policy and to cover other expenses such as the cost of a rental car while the vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
The named insured on the policy and the registered owner of the vehicles listed should be the same.
Is auto insurance required?
In California, minimum liability insurance requirements mandate that private passenger vehicles carry at least $15,000 for injury/death to one person, $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person and $5,000 for damage to property.
Lenders on auto loans will also have insurance requirements including coverage for damage to the vehicle itself. However, most businesses carry auto insurance limits that are much higher than required minimums simply to be protected in the event the company is held responsible in a vehicle accident.
When is commercial fleet insurance necessary?
You could benefit from a fleet policy if:
- Your business picks up passengers or delivers goods
- Your business owns or leases more than one vehicle or a fleet
- Employees drive company-owned vehicles
- Employees use their personal vehicles for business
If your California-based business fits any of the above descriptions, it would benefit you to take advantage of a commercial auto policy or commercial insurance. These policies can protect your business from excessive property damage expenses. With company insurance, car owners can rest easy knowing that their investment is protected.
Getting vehicle insurance will give you more than the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your company's finances won’t be affected by an auto liability, medical payments, or property damage claim. It will also reduce your liability if your car is involved in an incident that causes bodily injury to other people.
If you have a relatively small business, you may be wondering how many vehicles constitute a fleet. The answer varies depending on the insurance provider in question. While one insurance company requires companies to get more than five vehicles before they can obtain fleet insurance, another will grant insurance to businesses with as few as two cars.
Commercial auto insurance and commercial insurance in California aren't intended only for large companies. These plans are also ideally suited for medium-sized businesses with limited budgets.
Fleet insurance is usually more cost-effective when your policy covers at least three vehicles. If your California-based firm has three or more vehicles in service, your company is an ideal candidate for commercial auto insurance in California.
A fleet auto insurance policy can be more affordable than insuring the vehicles individually. You may also be eligible for discounts if your California-based firm has multiple vehicles covered by a commercial auto insurance policy.
What does fleet insurance cover?
Fleet insurance provides liability insurance coverage for all your company’s vehicles under a single policy. These policies usually provide provisions that allow your employees to drive any vehicle in your fleet and remain covered in the event of an accident.
Commercial vehicle insurance typically provides sufficient collision and liability coverage to meet state insurance requirements. You could later add on options such as increased liability limits, roadside assistance, and uninsured motorists’ coverage. You could also add comprehensive coverage, which protects against theft, vandalism, and other vehicular damage.
Here are some other comprehensive explanations about the possible benefit of the policy.
- Loading and unloading protection. If the items become damaged during loading and unloading, the insurer can shoulder the expense, and not you.
- Medical costs protection. Some accidents do not only hurt the truck or other vehicle itself, but also the driver. This covers the cost of treating your drivers’ injuries.
- Towing and labor services. This lets you call your provider for road assistance. It is most useful when your vehicle becomes inoperable or needs repair.
If you are a business owner with California employees, it is absolutely essential to get non-owned auto coverage, either through the company insurance for the car or through their business insurance policy, to provide protection for the company when employees drive their personal vehicles on company business .
What doesn't it cover?
All insurance policies have coverage exclusions. Here are a few things that business auto insurance policies do not cover:
- Any obligation under any workers’ compensation law
- Wear and tear to the insured vehicle
- Loss related to racing, demolition contests, or stunting activity
- Contents of the vehicle, handling of the property of others
- Liability arising out of machinery or other mobile equipment that is on or attached to the covered vehicle.
Also if you want to make sure that “original equipment manufacturer” parts are used to replace parts in a damaged vehicle, your policy needs a special endorsement.
If the only vehicle you drive is a company car, your business auto policy will need to include special coverage to protect you should you drive someone else’s car. Also businesses or other organizations should purchase coverage called “non-owned auto” insurance for protection related to liability arising out of employees or others using their own cars on company business. Special coverage is also needed to insure rented or borrowed automobiles.
Let us know how to begin a conversation with you.